8/27/2014

Utah and then Ukraine

So apparently I'm just really good at writing something right before I leave somewhere new. I guess I wouldn't want to break that tradition now ;p

Last Wednesday I packed up from Texas and at 4:30am was about ready to zip up my luggage and walk out the door when, to my dismay, my luggage zipper decided it should break. As in not zip up anymore. As in my only suitcase would no longer close. So of course I did the only thing that seemed reasonable at four in the morning when I was needing to catch a plane-- I sewed it right up.


Carla got me a lovely pink yarn-rope thing to tie it all together. With such a masterpiece put together I was ready to rush out to the airport.


The airport lady was a little baffled when I looked at her with dismay when she said I was 2 lbs over and needed to take something out. Then she saw my sewing job and understood quite a bit more. The sweet lady ended up letting me go with a little extra, which she was not prepared to do before.



0 comments: