10/18/2014

Fantastic Friday

Yesterday was a beautiful Friday. Not because scenically the cascade of autumn shaded leaves being blown out of the trees was so grand, but because I didn't have ele in the morning like normal. Josh had really been feeling sick on Wednesday, so he had asked if we could swap this week- I take his Wednesday classes and he would take my Friday classes. So as Amber got out of bed and began getting ready I took a good look within myself and said, "Should I get out of my warm comforter and trek out into the blustery wind?" "Of course! I responded to myself! just not for another hour." So I re-tucked myself in and enjoyed a relaxing morning. Roughly an hour later, after appreciatively dosing in and out of conscious state of mind I rolled out of bed and got ready and left for the day.

This is just so classic, regular Ukraine I had to put it up:

An old advertising section where most of the papers have been torn off. The newer adds are just pasted on top and it keeps cycling through.




Graffiti. Notice the vador spray paint... he shows up everywhere


This is the bridge all of the above was located on or around.



En route to Nyvky, I always pass by this little duck pond. Quaint, picturesque, and right passed the bus stop. I decided to take my little camera along and explore the mini walk. Little did I realize what starts as a simple path around a pond actually continues on to quite the trails in the back. With the crisp, clean smell tousling around, fall leaves blowing about in the wind and the soggy dead leaves on the ground, I was in Autumn Heaven.






















 This is actually my example of erosion. Not really of interest to anyone else...














Look at the little ducks! A little touch of Salem in Ukraine... the water was probably the same quality anyway ;)






The same action that scares ducks away makes pigeons flock to you! oh, talk about a conditioned set of birds.




They're kinda cute eh?

























Weeping Willows always give me a sense of majestic elegance
















 Trees with such perfect holes ink the middle...

 
















 Right before flagging down my bus, I traipsed over these little new seedlings. Amid all the dying and decay, new life had begun to form. 


 



Um... I just wanted to check what the translation is on this.







Waving the bus down was kinda fun because I was walking to the bus stop, but before I got there I saw it coming, and it was a marshrutka, so there was a decent chance they just might stop for me, but the road was fast and the driver wasn't planning on it. I figured I'd give it a try anyways. I held out my hand Ukrainian style and... he drove past. Drat. But wait. He actually was pulling off just ahead! I jogged over to the bus and jumped aboard, call out, "спасибо!("Thank you!") and paid up front. I was off to school :)

I like Fridays because Josh and only have to teach every other lesson because friday only half of our kids come. Teaching every other lesson is basically the best thing ever because it gives you time to get it ready and still have a little bit of down time. No stress. A little potato stamping, (biting into a raw potato ;p), and reading Halloween books and the day was over.

After school we kinda replanned our end of year activity and walked around outside, but everyone is sick and got tired pretty early on so we all went home early. Not the most exciting Friday night, but much needed rest.

0 comments: