12/07/2014

Getting Sick is Just No Fun


Getting sick is just no fun.
The nose expands and turns bright red
Crusty, dry, flaky skin. Rubbing raw
Heaps and heaps of tissues,
wads upon the floor.
Nasty boogers, thick and thin, try to settle in.

I think it's time for germ to go!
One week, two week, three?
Blending in with healthy folk
is harder as time keeps going

Ears are stuffed and ringing,
balance is no more.
Hearing is a thing of the past,
"What?" my new favorite word.
Sometimes Painful! Sharp and strong.
Will I ever hear again?! I just don't know

Swollen throat is now a 3x as thick!
Food is better in liquidated form to help it down,
Even water would do better if I could dilute it
Bumpy growths of lymph nodes are the norm

Alas the cough has come to play!
Callous and cruel. Raw insides
Scraping, digging, hacking, choking.
Pulling up and thrusting out
Do I need my exercise or muscle strengthening?
nay, the cough has done the job, fatigue can be my witness

Mentally I must go on, it is not a easy say.
Missing friends, events, and fun
Disappointment tries to stay
Keep that chin up, move On! Must remind all day

Fatigue?
what is this word?
The feeling in my knees and hips and legs and soul?
Normal jaunts are long journeys
"Come along," Friendships call. But I can not keep about
Dragging slowly, I come along, after they have gone.

The itches and the rash,
painful just to say!
Are distracting and discouraging
keep hoping they will leave today

Eyes have disappeared into a watery pool,
gently glooping down a drop or two.
Redness seems prevalent, and
all wonders 'what is wrong?"
and all I can say is 'You tell me the next time you have a illness come along'







0 comments: