12/01/2014

Beware the Escalators!


Ukraine's metro system = escalators. Practically every stop has one or two (not quite all). Some have incredible long ones, like Syrets. I was heading to school a little bit earlier than Amber. I got off the metro, full like normal, and began my trip up the escalators. Suddenly, a smaller, frail, older gentleman with a little wooden cane and european hat, fell down. His balance was non existent and with the constant upwards flow of the escalators he began a perpetual fall. As this terrible situation started he began moving downward just faster than the escalators could pull him up. He tumbled past a woman who couldn't make it to him in time. Then he was stumbling past me and I went to try to aid him as well, but his mass pulled him past me before I was able to. Fortunately, there was a man right behind me that was able to stop and stabilize him. He helped him turn around, not get his cane stuck, and survive the rest of the elevator!

0 comments: